LSJC PowderPuff Run 2014
Baertrax
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Broken Bow

It's a great place. The Weyerhaeuser Paper Company owns more land than the State of Oklahoma! Lots of good grave roads (50 mph+) and lots of old single track logging roads that are washed out/ blocked by blow downs/ etc. The best thing about the Weyerhaeuser folks is they don't care much what you do in the woods including driving off road i.e. cross country. They do get a little sweaty palmed if you build a fire. In fact I think fires may be restricked to the Corps of Engineers campgrounds.

Our favorite place is east of Broken Bow about 3 or 4 miles on US 70. Take a left at the sign for the "Re-Regulation Dam" and go about 3 or 4 more miles down one of those 50 mph gravel roads to the Dam and Primitive Campground. Lots of logging roads in that area. You can drive on those roads all the way to the north and west to the State Park (Beavers Bend).

The Beavers Bend/Weyerhaeuser area around Broken Bow is so huge it has to be seen to be believed and will take several trips to really learn your way around. It's hard to believe an area that looks that much like southern Colorado could be only 3 1/2 hours east of the metroplex.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    New Page 1

I went this past weekend and did not have any encounters with any meth labs or indians so it was an awesome trip. The only downside was all the ticks. Some deep woods off may take care of that problem though.

I love the state park. I've gone wheelin' (well, trail ridin') around there only once. If anyone has the GPS coordinates, I'd sure like to get them.

Oh, if you have a partner, checking for ticks after the trip is half the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepLJ View Post
    I reserved a cabin on the lake and the guy I talked to said he grew up there. He said there were lots of good places to drive a jeep and he would show me on the map where to go. I head there at the end of May, and hopefully he can tell me where the meth areas and the reservation lands are so I can avoid getting shot or worse....

Where are you staying? My wife and I are planning a trip up there.

Tom

Flying M is offline LSJC Member / "Human Flop Club"/ LSJC Trail Leader / October 2012 JOTM LSJC Member
    Here is a link to an old thread on Beavers Bend / Brokern Bow area. I had posted info on some cabin rentals on here as well (towards the bottom of the posts). There are lots of cabins in the area, but the lady runing these also owns a CJ.

http://lonestarjeepclub.org/board/sh...t=Beavers+Bend
    Last edited by Flying M; 05-24-2007 at 10:13 PM.

I am staying at: http://www.sundowncabinrentals.com/cabins.html
    I leave tomorrow, so I will give an update next week. You will need to check for avalibilty, lots of the cabins were booked.
    Kyle McGee

Im headin up to Broken Bow myself this weekend..... Where yall guys thinking of going? I just might grab the JEEP and do some playin around.....

I know a lot of places to play.... I grew up on most of the trails north of the lake in Hairpen Bend.....

l8r,

Made it back from Broken Bow
    check out my new post
    http://www.lonestarjeepclub.org/boar...055#post107055
    Last edited by JeepLJ; 06-11-2007 at 11:42 PM.
    Kyle McGee