LSJC PowderPuff Run 2014
Baertrax

Question 05 Rubicon Wiring Diagram

I'm trying to find the complete engine wiring diagram/schematic for an 05 Rubicon so I can figure out a wiring issue with the Crank Position Sensor. The Rubicon had an 04 transmission installed which is a 5 speed to replace the original 6 speed.

We have 3 wires coming from the crank sensor and there are 2 extra wires hanging loose next to the sensor.

Any help would be great. i will add a picture of the wires as soon as I get home from work since I cannot access photobucket from here.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    New Page 1

i have about 4 random plugs hanging in my jeep, i always assumed they were for unstalled options

Quote Originally Posted by Ofsthun View Post
    I'm trying to find the complete engine wiring diagram/schematic for an 05 Rubicon so I can figure out a wiring issue with the Crank Position Sensor. The Rubicon had an 04 transmission installed which is a 5 speed to replace the original 6 speed.

We have 3 wires coming from the crank sensor and there are 2 extra wires hanging loose next to the sensor.

Any help would be great. i will add a picture of the wires as soon as I get home from work since I cannot access photobucket from here.
    I dont think you can get a complete wireing schematic just individual system ones. I'll see what I can do.

I also may be able to help. I will forward your request to my brother.

Ben E is offline "Flopped Club/Roll Over Club" / JOTM - December 2009 LSJC Member
    I have a '03 factory service manual that I will scan some schematics if you want but blackmud is right, there are probably 150 pages of schematics so it will be a small section of the big picture.

Are the two extra wires in a single connector? And is the CPS on the back passenger side or driver's side?
    To the best of my knowledge, all the CPS's jeep used are 3-wire, with differences in the mounting style and location only. The extra wires are probably to a switch on the trans harness.
    The colors of the two loose wires would help also.

Pics and wire colors would help.The CPS does have only 3 wires PY/YL DB/DG & BR/LB.
    Last edited by blackmud4x4; 10-30-2008 at 08:25 PM.

Shaggnastie is offline JOTM - Septmeber 2011 "TRAIL LEADER" LSJC Member
    I have a Haynes Manual somewhere that has all the wiring in there ( I think). I will try to check it ASAP

'05 Rubicon x 36' tires on TR beadlocks x 7' of lift + Armour Plating = A TON of FUN
    Tow Truck
    '02 Ford Crew Cab Short bed F250,4x4, 7.3, Total Diesel Performance Tunes, 3367 Air Filter
    shaggnastie2001@yahoo.com

Here's the picture of the wiring that the Previous Owner left for us!