4Wheel Parts Coppell
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question How can I kill off stickers in my yard??

We got our new house in March, and now the stickers are popping up everywhere in the yard. We have 2 dogs so we would like to get rid of the stickers for thier comfort, and because they are annoying

Here is what we have

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    New Page 1

I've never had much luck, nor have I followed these instructions.

Treat pre-emergent with a weed and feed (too late this year)

Mow twice a week to keep them from gestating

I'm just too lazy to find out if this advice is good or not.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."

― Henry Ford

i hated those grass burs those are the number one in east Texas and their is another one i cant think of it grows lower to the ground and is gree most of the time.
    1998 Jeep Cherokee,183K 4.0,D30 Aussie locked,Chry 8.25,4.88 gears,AJ's OffRoad Armor Super Suckrails,C4x4 Winch Bumper with Warn XD9000I , 6.5" RE lift., TNT longarms 33x12.50x15 Mud Rovers , If it moves and shouldn't, use Duct Tape & Zip Ties... If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40 & aHammer SOLD!!!

I used a spray on broadleaf weed killer early on, but I don't think it will kill these. I think there is a proper time of the year to treat for them, I just don't remember what I was told.

We had those at our house, the only way to get rid of them is to use weed killer frequently and water, water, and more water and keep mowing. You have to keep the yard wet and keep the grass cut low. These stickers thrive on dry ground and really produce the stickers when they get 4-6" tall. It took us a couple years to get them all gone. You have to keep at it. Goodluck

Guess it's time to start pullin weeds and mowing with the bag on the pusher. Sounds thrilling

Invite your neighbor's kids over to play in the yard. By the time they're done, there will be no stickers left!
    Kurt Wobig
    2001 white TJ, 8.8 Detroit locked rear, Dana 44, ARB locked Front. 5.13's, 37" Goodyear MTR's, Spyder Lock Beadlocks, Poison Spyder rocker knockers. Phantom front fenders, Rockhard roll cage, Poison Spyder comp-cut crusher corners and LED tail lights. 2014 Grand Cherokee Eco Diesel Tow-Rig

Round up in one hand and a beer in the other. I like to wonder around my yard in this manner.

Pre emergent in February or early March. BTDT
    Brian Ingle

I wouldn't want to join any club that would have me as a member!

We had a problem with them. My wife got some 529 MSMA from Ace Hardware. At first in the spring she sprayed all the areas that they were at. Then when one would pop up she would spot spray it. The stickers can lay dormant for three yrs and then pop up. You will be working on this project for a few yrs. Mowing alot will help. I can't tell you how many garbage bags full of stickers we pulled up. Anything to keep the stickers from going to the ground. GOOD LUCK! We finally got rid of ours.
    Rusty Kennedy '07 rubicon, shrockworks mid front bumper, shrockworks back bumper, warn 9.5ti winch, 2.5" bb, 35" KM 2's.