Vet-day-2014
4Wheel Parts Coppell
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rubicon Locker switch bypass?

OK I am looking for a diagram of operating the front and rear locker seperate.

I have found the bypass to engage them in HI range, but I want to be able to engage the front and not the rear if I need it.

Who's got the goods?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    New Page 1

Mine already came that way.. I know I'm no help

http://www.rockcrawler.com/techrepor...pass/index.asp

Can you tap into this and split it up? Didn't read the whole thing..

That write up lets you activate them in HI range. You still have to activate the rear then the front, not individually.

Bounty is offline "Flopped Club", June 2012 JOTM, 2012 JOTY, April 2014 JOTM LSJC Member
    Bump for this topic, I'm interested as well. In fact, not to hijack - but I'm curious if my lockers work like the other TJ Rubicons... click the button once and the rear locker is on, click it a second time and the front and rear lockers are now on, click again and the front is off but the back is still on - from this point on, the button will only toggle the front locker being off or on, with the rear being on the whole time. For me to turn the rear locker off I have to put the transfer case back to 2HI to force everything off. Is this how it's supposed to work?

'05 Rubicon
    www.bounty4x4.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bounty View Post
    Bump for this topic, I'm interested as well. In fact, not to hijack - but I'm curious if my lockers work like the other TJ Rubicons... click the button once and the rear locker is on, click it a second time and the front and rear lockers are now on, click again and the front is off but the back is still on - from this point on, the button will only toggle the front locker being off or on, with the rear being on the whole time. For me to turn the rear locker off I have to put the transfer case back to 2HI to force everything off. Is this how it's supposed to work?
    If you push the switch up it will turn off the rear or both at the same time.

MudMan is offline "Feb 2010 - JOTM", "Flopped Club" - Mr. January 2014 LSJC Member
    I know I am a hybrid, but I just wired them direct to two separate switches. On/off either one and in hi or low.

Bounty is offline "Flopped Club", June 2012 JOTM, 2012 JOTY, April 2014 JOTM LSJC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by in the open View Post
    If you push the switch up it will turn off the rear or both at the same time.
    Ahhh!!! Learn something new every day!! Thanks!

'05 Rubicon
    www.bounty4x4.com

Do the front and rear locker work off of the same pump? Maybe the rear has to be locked to get the front to lock? - instead of just getting the pump to lock the front? Maybe it's a plumbing issue and not a wiring issue? I don't know much about how this works, but I am interested in getting mine to work like the OP's
    Last edited by Bounty; 06-25-2010 at 04:37 PM.

'05 Rubicon
    www.bounty4x4.com

Calling BenE..............

Quote Originally Posted by Bounty View Post
    Do the front and rear locker work off of the same pump? Maybe the rear has to be locked to get the front to lock? - instead of just getting the pump to lock the front? Maybe it's a plumbing issue and not a wiring issue? I don't know much about how this works, but I am interested in getting mine to work like the OP's
    THey are seperate pumps. It is all in the wiring in the switch.

THe pumps are mounted on the back of your factory belly pan on the drivers side.