Vet-day-2014
Screaming Lizard
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carroll Shelby

Flying M is offline LSJC Member / "Human Flop Club"/ LSJC Trail Leader / October 2012 JOTM LSJC Member

Carroll Shelby

A sad day for hot-rodders and sportscar enthusiast worldwide. Carroll Shelby dead at 89. He died here in Dallas at a local hospital .

Something I didn't know, He was one of the nation's longest-living heart transplant recipients, having received a heart on June 7, 1990
    Last edited by Flying M; 05-11-2012 at 05:47 PM.
    Affordable Care Act is here, like it or not. Questions on requirements, options, insurance providers? I'm an independent agent and adviser.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    New Page 1

Met him a few times at the Shelby Mid America event in Tulsa OK. He will be missed but remembered!
    Sent from my HD7 tapatalk phone thingy.

Just saw something about it and came over here to post. You beat me to it. He is a legend. I'd love to have the last Shelby that he ever signed

Flying M is offline LSJC Member / "Human Flop Club"/ LSJC Trail Leader / October 2012 JOTM LSJC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BAJEEP View Post
    Just saw something about it and came over here to post. You beat me to it. He is a legend. I'd love to have the last Shelby that he ever signed
    I read that Carroll Shelby's once personal 1966 Cobra sold at auction in 2007 for $5.5 million. I wonder what it will be worth now.
    Affordable Care Act is here, like it or not. Questions on requirements, options, insurance providers? I'm an independent agent and adviser.

Redneck Ron is offline LSJC Trail Leader / JOTM August 2011 / JOTY 2011 / JOTM March 2013 LSJC Moderator
    Shelby was great. Big loss.
    The Obama philosophy. Simplified.

An irreplaceable legend has passed, his mark and work for the industry will always be remembered
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -- Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ_BULLDOG View Post
    An irreplaceable legend has passed, his mark and work for the industry will always be remembered
    Couldn't of said it better myself!

The black pearl

A few upgrades to hop curbs with

James NVRDUN Foster is offline LSJC Trail Leader / JOTM - April 2011 / HONORARY MEMBERSHIP
    Dustin and I had the honor of meeting him once. Very nice guy. He never made you feel like he had better things to do with his time than talk to you. When you talked to him you began to understand the true passion he had for cars.

I for one am proud to have had the privilege to meet him.
    James NVRDUN Foster

83 CJ-7, 4.5 Rubicon Express Suspension, 35" BFG Krawlers, Rancho 9000's, 258 In-line six, T-18, Dana 20 Transfer Case w/Terra Low, 4:56 Gears, SunRay Ford 9 Inch Rear w/Detroit Locker, Dana 30 w/LockRight, Plates \"NVRDUN\" and A Proud Member of The Lone Star Jeep Club

Heard this earlier today, very sad.

Hadn't he just gotten the Shelby brand back too? Or am I thinking of a different name...

I could swear in the past few weeks I read an article about the end of a long lawsuit where the company/name had been returned to him after he departed the company due to differences of opinions and such.

Did you know that he was a chicken farmer? But, all of his chickens died within a year. That's when he started racing, and he used to race in the overalls that he chicken farmed in.

I was named after his car.